BRERETON AND RAVENHILL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee held at the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on Wednesday, 4th November 2020.
Alderman R Easton [Chairman], Councillors Mrs DM Easton and DR Johnson.
Apologies for absence were received from K Ansell, Mrs P Ansell and Mrs L Johnson.
Mr PG Davies [Parish Clerk] was also present.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of interest were given at the commencement of the meeting.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 14th October 2020, be approved and signed as a correct record.
- PARISH HALL – PROGRESS REPORT
- Cathedral Hygiene
- That the existing contract with Cathedral Hygiene be renewed for a further five years.
- That nappy collections be deleted from the contract and the Clerk, in consultation with the Chairman, be authorised to agree the revised terms.
- PAT Testing
The Chairman indicated that he would obtain a further quotation for the annual PAT testing and report back to the Committee in due course.
That if the Clerk does not receive an immediate response as to progress in relation to this matter, he be authorised to write to the Inspector at Cannock to get an update for the Parish Council.
- Hire Fees
The Committee noted the amount of hire fees received in the current financial year.
- Complimentary Comments
The Clerk was pleased to report that complimentary comments had been received from both Tots Play and Sazzlestick Fitness for the excellent manner in which the Parish Hall was continuing to be maintained to the very highest standards.
- Discount – Regular Hirers
That the current discount of 20% given to regular hirers of the Parish Hall be extended for a
further three-month period starting on 1st December 2020.
That subject to the organiser of this group adhering to the Supplemental Covid 19 Conditions, she be permitted to use the facility at no extra cost for video purposes during the period of the lockdown.
- Tots Play
That in accordance with Government guidelines, this group be permitted to continue to operate, subject to the organiser complying with all statutory requirements and the Supplemental Covid 19 Conditions of the Parish Council.
- FINANCE REPORT
The Report of the Clerk showing the income and expenditure for the Parish Hall as at 30th September 2020, was received for information and noted.
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
- That the Clerk be authorised to make a grant application to Western Power for £1,500.00 to enable the Parish Council to purchase additional features to enhance the provision of Christmas lights in the park.
- That a copy of the application be sent to Amazon.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on 6th January 2021, at 7.30 p.m.