BRERETON AND RAVENHILL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee held at the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on Wednesday, 4th March 2020.
Alderman R Easton [Chairman] and Councillors K Ansell, Mrs DM Easton and Mrs L Johnson.
Apologies for absence were received from Mrs P Ansell, Mrs G Harvey, JC Harvey and DR Johnson.
Mr PG Davies [Parish Clerk] was also present.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of interest were given at the commencement of the meeting.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 5th February 2020, be approved and signed as a correct record.
- CAR PARKING – RAVENHILL PARK
The Clerk undertook to request an urgent response from the District Council on this matter.
- PARISH HALL – PROGRESS REPORT
- Hire Fee Income – Update
The Committee noted details of the hire fee income for the month of February 2020 as compared with the same period last year.
- Floor Polisher
The Chairman reported that the floor polisher had been repaired and was now in use by the Caretaker.
- Projects for Forthcoming Year
The Committee note progress in respect of the following:-
- Painting exterior doors of the Parish Hall – a quotation in the sum of £400.00 plus materials had been received. Work would commence shortly.
- Repair work to drains and provision of exterior water tap – work completed.
- Levelling of the entrance drive – work to commence shortly.
That the quotation to carry out the exterior painting to the doors of the Parish Hall be accepted
- FINANCE REPORT
The Report of the Clerk showing the income and expenditure for the Parish Hall as at 31st January 2020, was received for information and noted.
- BENCH OUTSIDE VICARAGE
That a quotation in the sum of £30.00 plus materials to repair this bench be accepted.
The Chairman adjourned the meeting to allow Mr Jim Cusack to address the Committee.
Mr Cusack reported as follows:-
- Two of the solar powered lights were not working.
- The allotment tenant holders had requested permission to convert Plot 1 [currently unoccupied] into a community/communal allotment. All tenant holders had agreed to pay an additional £1.00 per quarter to offset any loss in income to the Parish Council.
- Plot 2 remained in an uncultivated condition, contrary to the terms of the Allotment Agreement.
The Chairman duly reconvened the meeting and it was
- That the Chairman investigate the reason for the two solar powered lights not operating correctly.
- That if no parishioners come forward for an allotment by 31st March 2020, the request of the tenants be approved and their rent be increased by £1.00 per quarter.
- That the Clerk write to the tenants of the uncultivated plot pointing out the terms of the Agreement and requesting their future intentions in respect of Plot 2.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on 8th April 2020, at 7.30 p.m.