BRERETON AND RAVENHILL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee held at the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on Wednesday, 8th January 2020.
Alderman R Easton [Chairman] and Councillors K Ansell, Mrs DM Easton and Mrs L Johnson.
Apologies for absence were received from Mrs P Ansell, Mrs G Harvey, JC Harvey and DR Johnson.
Mr PG Davies [Parish Clerk] was also present.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of interest were given at the commencement of the meeting.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 6th November 2019, be approved and signed as a correct record.
- CAR PARKING – RAVENHILL PARK
Following on from the discussions at the Parish Council meeting held on 7th January 2020, it was
- That the Clerk write to Mike Edmonds at the District Council formally requesting an extension of the lease to facilitate an additional car park being provided on land immediately adjacent to the Parish Hall.
- That in the letter in (1) above, the Clerk invite Mr Edmonds to attend the next meeting of this Committee when the proposals, including financial arrangements, could be discussed in more detail.
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
The Chairman and Members acknowledged that the Christmas lighting features recently erected for the Christmas period were of a very good standard and showed a considerable improvement on the previous year. There had been a very positive reaction on social media to the display.
The Clerk would report to the next meeting on extending the lighting project to include part of Armitage Road.
- PARISH HALL – PROGRESS REPORT
- Hire Fee Income – Update
The Committee noted details of hire fee income for the month of November 2019 as compared with the same period last year.
The Chairman would liaise with the Caretaker in arranging for the curtains on the entrance door to the Function Room to be cleaned.
That the current hire fee arrangement with this hirer be continued for a further six months.
- South Staffs Water Business
That the current contract with South Staffs Water Business be extended for a further twelve months.
- Polisher for Floor
The Chairman reported that ACE Plant Hire were adapting a floor cleaner, previously in storage, for use as a polisher.
- FINANCE REPORT
The Report of the Clerk showing the income and expenditure for the Parish Hall as at 5th November 2019, was received for information and noted.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on 5th February 2020, at 7.30 p.m.