BRERETON AND RAVENHILL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on line on Tuesday, 14th July 2020.
Councillors TA Jones [Chairman], K Ansell, Mrs P Ansell, Ms IJ Brown, Mrs DM Easton,
Alderman R Easton, PA Fisher, Mrs W Fisher and GN Molineux.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Mrs G Harvey and JC Harvey.
Mr PG Davies, the Parish Clerk, was also in attendance.
- APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN
That Councillor TA Jones be appointed Chairman for the remainder of this municipal year.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations were given at the commencement of the meeting.
- APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIRMAN
That Councillor GN Molineux be appointed Vice-Chairman for the remainder of the municipal year.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 3rd March 2020 be approved and signed as a correct record.
- BUS SERVICE PROVISION
The Parish Council noted the response of the County Council to the Parish Councl’s request for additional bus service provision.
Members undertook to keep the matter under review.
The Police were not in attendance at the meeting.
- PATH BEHIND AMAZON
The Chairman had requested that this item be included on the Agenda.
Councillors PA Fisher and GN Molineux kindly undertook to liaise with the District Council in an attempt to ascertain the ownership of the land.
- AUDIT 2019/2020 – ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
The Parish Council considered the Annual Governance Statement for the 2019/2020
That the Annual Governance Statement 2019/2020 be approved.
- ACCOUNTING STATEMENTS 2019/2020
The Parish Council considered the Accounting Statements for the 2019/2020 financial year.
That the Accounting Statements 2019/2020 be approved.
- ARMITAGE ROAD
The Parish Council considered the following matters which had arisen following a meeting between the Chairman and two local residents:-
- flooding in Armitage Road between 237 Armitage Road and the junction of Armitage Road and Thompson Road;
- the hedge between 161B Armitage Road and the junction of Armitage Road and Thompson Road;
- noise from the kissing gate at the northern entrance to Ravenhill Park;
- noise, nuisance, smell and unsocial hours working from Unit 5 Wheelhouse Road [Monster Particles].
The Parish Council noted the following update:-
- Highways were investigating the gullies between 155 and Thompson Road. The Authority had undertaken to carry out works to other gullies as identified by local residents;
- in respect of the hedge between 155 and the Thompson Road junction, County Councillor Dudson – using his divisional highway funds, was intending to return this footpath back to full width. The County Council had entered this project into their work programme;
- Environmental Health were liaising direct with Monster Particles and keeping local residents fully informed of action being taken.
- That the Clerk ascertain from the County Council as to when the work would be undertaken to return the footpath between 155 and the Thompson junction back to full width.
- That if the work referred to in  above was not done by September, Members would themselves arrange for the hedges to be cut back.
- That the Clerk request the District Council to install a second grill [half way down the stream] in Ravenhill Park to enhance the free flow of water into the accumulation tanks on Armitage Road.
- That the District Council be asked to eradicate the noise from the gate in Ravenhill Park but if they could not action this request, they be asked to give their consent to the Parish Council carrying out the work.
- APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS TO COMMITTEES
That no changes be made to the membership of Committees for the remainder of this municipal year.
- APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS TO SERVE ON OUTSIDE BODIES
That no changes be made to the membership of outside bodies for the remainder of this municipal year.
- PLANNING COMMITTEE
That the minutes of the Planning Committees held on 3rd March and 2nd June 2020, be approved.
- PARISH HALL AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
That the minutes of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee held on 4th March 2020, be approved.
- FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
That the minutes of the Finance and Management Committee held on 4th March 2020, be approved.
- PARISH HALL AND COVID 19
The Clerk circulated the following documents, the content of which were noted by the Parish Council:-
- Covid 19 Re-opening questionnaire
- Special conditions of hire during Covid 19
- Notice to be displayed throughout the Parish Hall
The Parish Council also considered the following:-
- request for a Baby Shower to be held on 1st August 2020, between 2.30 and 6.00 pm;
- request for a Year 6 Leavers’ Party in July;
- request from the ‘Twinkletoes’ Group to start classes again on 28th July 2020;
- making a reduction in the fees to assist regular hirers as they re-start following the Covid crisis.
- That the Clerk ascertain more information on the request for a Baby Shower booking and that he liaise with the Chairman of the Parish Council and the Chairman of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee on whether to grant the request.
- That due to the numbers involved [well in excess of 30], the request for a Year 6 Leavers’ Party be refused;
- That the organiser of ‘Twinkletoes’ be permitted to recommence her group’s activities on 28th July 2020.
- That as a good will gesture to all regular hirers only, the hire fees be reduced by 20% for an initial period of three months, after which the situation would be reviewed.
The Parish Council noted with sympathy the sad loss of Councillor PA Fisher’s mother.
Councillor PA Fisher indicated that his mother always looked forward to seeing the Christmas lights in the parish and, therefore, he wished to donate £40.00 towards the Christmas Lights Fund.
That the Parish Council place on records its sincere thanks for this kind and generous donation.
- PUBLIC FORUM
No comments were made by the one member of the public present on line.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The Parish Council had previously agreed that the next meeting would be held on
1st September 2020.