BRERETON AND RAVENHILL NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Minutes of a meeting of the Steering Committee held in the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on 30th October 2019.
Councillor TA Jones [Chairman]
Mr R Betteridge [Vice-Chairman]
Councillor Mrs DM Easton [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Alderman R Easton [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor Mrs G Harvey [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor J Harvey [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Also Present – Mr PG Davies [Secretary]
The minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee held on 16th September 2019, were approved and signed as a correct record.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The Chairman was continuing to work on the Plan and would update the Committee further at the next meeting.
- SOCIAL DEPRIVATION
Arising out of a discussion on social deprivation, it was
- That the Secretary write to the County Education Department requesting the following information:-
- the reason for reducing the Published Admissions Number [PAN] of the Hart School from 360 to 220 and the Sixth Form from 310 to 138;
- with the Hart School now being the only High School in the area, the Secretary seek confirmation that there would be sufficient places for pupils wishing to attend the school from the three primary schools in Brereton and Ravenhill;
- clarification of the current position regarding bus passes for children from Brereton and Ravenhill using High Schools in Lichfield and Stafford. Would these passes continue to be subsidised? If this was not the case, the County be asked to indicate the cost per child per term.
- That in seeking the information referred to in (1) above, the Secretary also make reference to the likelihood of a new primary school being built on the Lea Hall site.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on Thursday, 9th January 2020, at 8.15 p.m.