BRERETON AND RAVENHILL NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN STEERING COMMITTEE
Minutes of a meeting of the Steering Committee held in the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on 16th May 2019.
Councillor TA Jones [Chairman]
Councillor K Ansell [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor Mrs P Ansell [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Mr R Betteridge [Resident]
Ms L Dunning [Power For All Community Group]
Councillor Mrs DM Easton [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor R Easton [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor Mrs G Harvey [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Councillor JC Harvey [Brereton and Ravenhill Parish Council]
Mr PG Davies [Secretary]
- APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN
That Councillor TA Jones be appointed Chairman for the ensuing year.
- APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIRMAN
That Mr R Betteridge be appointed Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year.
The minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee held on 7th March 2019, were approved and signed as a correct record.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The Chairman indicated that he hoped to meet representatives from Locality to discuss the availability of grant funding for technical support packages to assist with the Design Code.
The Committee considered comments received from Planning Policy at the District Council on the Draft Design Chapter [copy previously circulated]. Members commented as follows:-
Although noting the ‘general comments’, the Committee concurred that no amendments should be made to the document as a result of the suggestions made.
- Page 3 – Historic – context – noted but no change to be made to the document.
- Page 4 – The document to be amended as suggested.
- Page 6 – The Chairman would give an explanation of the proposals and quote examples to amplify issues relating to building heights.
- Page 7 – Yes, the Committee concur and further wording would be included to highlight the different character areas of the parish.
- Page 7 – Comments on plans duly noted.
- Page 9 – Already amended
- Page 11 – The Committee concurred and the Chairman would update accordingly.
- Page 12 – Comments noted but no amendments to be made.
- Page 16 – A comment on car parking policy would be added to indicate that there may be need to review the number of spaces if significant changes occur in the future.
The Chairman circulated a copy of the Draft Environment Chapter for formal approval.
- That the Chairman update the Draft Design Chapter to take account of the foregoing.
- That the updated Environment Chapter, as circulated at the meeting, be formally approved.
- STREETS FOR ALL
Members were invited to view this document, which was available at the web address set out on the Agenda.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on Thursday, 27th June 2019, at 8.15 p.m.