BRERETON AND RAVENHILL NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Minutes of a meeting of the Steering Committee held in the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on 28th January 2019.
Councillor TA Jones [Chairman]
Councillor K Ansell
Councillor Mrs DM Easton
Councillor R Easton
Mr J Herbert [Resident]
Mr PG Davies [Secretary]
An apology for absence was received from Councillor Mrs G Harvey.
The minutes of the meeting of the Steering Committee held on 10th December 2018, were approved and signed as a correct record.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The Secretary reported that attempts to contact AECOM, the consultants working for Locality on Neighbourhood Planning, had not proved successful. All enquiries about technical support on a design guide must be made through Locality.
The Clerk undertook to email the Chairman the response from Julia Best, Neighbourhood Planning Officer with Locality.
The Chairman sought the comments of the Committee on building heights for incorporation into the Design Chapter of the Neighbourhood Plan. A summary of members’ views are set out below:-
- the height of buildings should be restricted on Main Road frontages;
- consideration should be taken of the impact on existing properties of the imposition of new build higher than two storeys;
- the most favourable sites for three-storey and above would be on new developments such as the Power Station site which was low lying. Members acknowledged that if developments were all low density, it would be more difficult for the District Council to meet its housing targets.
The Chairman undertook to update the design chapter accordingly and arrange for it to be circulated prior to the next meeting.
- CONSULTATION ON DRAFT CONSERVATION AREA APPRAISALS AND MANAGEMENT PLANS
A copy of the draft response prepared by the Chairman in respect of the following documents was noted:-
- Trent and Mersey Canal
- Talbot Street/Lichfield Street Rugeley
A copy of each response had been sent to the District Council.
That the action taken be approved and confirmed.
- PLANNING APPEAL – LAND ADJACENT TO 32 ATTLEE CRESCENT
The Secretary reported that the applicants had submitted an appeal against the refusal of planning permission in respect of the erection of a new detached dwelling on vacant land at the side of 32 Attlee Crescent.
That the Chairman be authorised to prepare further comments in support of the objection already lodged in respect of this development and this be submitted to the Inspector hearing the appeal before the 7th February 2019 deadline.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on Thursday, 7th March 2019, at 8.15 p.m.