BRERETON AND RAVENHILL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting of the Finance and Management Committee held at the Parish Hall, Ravenhill Park, Brereton, on Thursday, 15th July 2021.
Councillors Mrs DM Easton [Chairman], Alderman R Easton, Councillors Mrs G Harvey, JC Harvey and Mrs L Johnson .
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors K Ansell, Mrs P Ansell and DR Johnson.
Mrs R Davies [Committee Clerk] was also present.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest given at the commencement of the meeting.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 15th July 2021, be approved and signed as a correct record.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Alderman Easton reported on the bus shelters. Discussion took place regarding the necessity to have a bus shelter moved if the B&G Bus Company were going to re-route buses.
That Shelutions be contacted to enquire about the cost for moving a bus shelter to another location in Brereton if this was felt necessary.
- ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
The Committee considered a schedule of accounts for payment. The Income and Expenditure report would be reported at the September meeting.
At this point, concern was expressed at the current cost of postage. Councillor Mrs L Johnson suggested that Agendas and Minutes could be emailed to Parish Councillors in respect of the Committees. It also applied to Agendas and Minutes for the Parish Council meeting.
- That authority be given for the payments included on the submitted schedule.
- That in an attempt to cut costs of postage, Agenda and Minutes be sent by e-mail [some paper copies would be available at Parish Council meetings and at Committees].
- That the Committee Clerk pass this information onto Peter Harrison, the Acting Parish Clerk, in respect of the Parish Council meeting.
- That the position be reviewed in due course, if necessary.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
That in accordance with the Public Bodies [Admission to Meetings] Act 1960 [as amended],
the press and public be excluded from the remainder of the meeting.
- ALLOCATION OF PARISH COUNCIL DUTIES
Paperwork regarding the above duties was tabled at the meeting.
That the action taken by the Chairman of the Parish Council, the Chairman of the Parish Hall and Property Management Committee and the Chairman of the Finance and Management Committee be approved.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
That the next meeting be held on 9th September 2021, at 8.15 p.m.